Sunday, September 28, 2014

About those birthday creations...

IMG_7146
K's ninth birthday sweater was completely inspired by Jackie's gorgeous sorbet colorway. It reminds me so much of the peachy-pink lazured walls in K's old Waldorf kindergarten classroom at PWS. The pattern is called Mini Rock Rose. I modified it a bit trying to turn a summer sweater pattern into a colder weather one. I ended up with something in the middle, which will be good for early fall and the spring. I think it looks really sweet on her, even with a baggy dress on underneath. But, oh my, she looks so grown up in these pics. Please slow down!

birthday dress IMG_7150 birthday sweater birthday sweater birthday sweater birthday sweater

And on to the dress...
birthday dress twirl twirl Trim pockets
Sorry for the totally uninspired front yard photographs of her dress. It was too sunny to go anywhere else at the time. K tried to liven them up with twirling, though.

For K's ninth birthday dress, I used Heather Ross' rerelease of her Far Far Away fabric with my new favorite and now official go-to pattern the Geranium. I love how fast it is to make and how comfortable it is for my girls to wear. I took mamamajuly's advice on a KCCO post  (thank you!!) and gave the dress green pockets and a green border at the bottom. My K and I tend to pick brighter and bolder things so I knew she would approve, and I was right! She said is was her "most favorite dress ever" She loves that the green border turned it into a long dress (her favorite style) and I am happy that she will get another summer out if it since it will be too light for winter wear.

Phew birthday crafting is complete. Now on to Christmas!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...